Tuesday 22 April 2014

Detergent. I mean, uh... Divergent

I went to see Divergent a while ago, so I'm going to do what I usually do when I run out of things to blog about and I'm going to review it.

Woops. I guess my fingers slipped...

There. This was an alright film. It isn't really anything new. It's all cliché and predictable. My favourite thing about this film is the soundtrack. The soundtrack is great. But onto the storyline. Basically there was this big war and a wall was built around the surviving part of the world for protection and people were placed into factions (groups really) based on their skills/personalities. I think it's when they reach a certain age people are tested to see which faction they truly belong in and then they get to choose one to be in for the rest of their lives. The test is only for guidance but they can choose any faction. Our main female protagonist, Tris, gets tested and learns she's Divergent which means her results were inconclusive so really she has an element of every faction in her. Divergents aren't liked people and are usually killed so it's really all about her surviving as a Divergent in her new faction and blah blah blah. Some dramatic stuff happens, there's lots of predictable outcomes, the soundtrack continued to be great and now we're waiting for the second movie. Really I got bored after about 20 minutes. It's not my kind of film. Divergent and Twilight were both done by Summit Entertainment. Is it a coincidence both films are terrible? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment