Friday 29 November 2013

Illusory inspiration

I have so much free time now that my exams are over. I don't know myself and I really didn't know what to do with my time for the first few days. I decided to try and start re-writing my book and I started off with good intentions but I kind of began to realise that I had no idea what I was writing. Anything I wrote was just so dull. I need inspiration! Inspiration is a very infrequent thing for me. Some people have a specific place they go to where inspiration usually strikes. Most people have ways to help them generate inspiration and if they have a mind block they have some brilliant remedies. None of that works for me. When I get a strike of inspiration it could be a few words, a sentence or even a paragraph from any part of the book. One time I'll get something from the last chapter pop into my head and the next it could be something from the middle of the book. The gaps between my inspiration strikes vary. I'll get one and then sometimes I'll wait months for the next one, sometimes just weeks. I'm hoping that if I hold out long enough I may get enough inspiration strikes to get the whole book written. So in about 10 years I reckon I'll have it finished. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment