Friday 22 November 2013

Categoricaly clueless

When it comes to buying Christmas presents, I am clueless. Utterly clueless. Completely clueless. Uncomprehendingly clueless. Categorically clueless.

I'm pretty clueless.

But when it came to beginning to think of presents for friends and family this year, I was determined to get my head straight. Determined.
And you can guess how that's working out for me...
I just don't get it. I must be the only one. Everyone I know is pretty good at gift giving. Do you never get the feeling that you're running out of ideas? I do. Every year... I feel like everything I pick up is either too bland or I've bought something like it for someone before. It's difficult to find new ideas within your budget and my budget is very tight. Bargain Books is good to by little small, cheap things to go with a bigger present but there's only so much you can buy as a present in Bargain Books, your choices are pretty limited. You can buy books, yes, but that's not much of an exciting present, you need something other than pencils or hand warmers to go with that. Board games, hand warmers, books and pencils. Yeah, that says a whopping Happy Christmas to me, sure.
Well OK, to some people that is a very Happy Christmas, but I always like to go the extra mile with gift giving whenever I can. But this year I'm really stumped. I've given the lot; aftershave sets, handmade cards, t-shirts, mugs, DVDs, books, CDs, perfume, chocolates, candles, jewellery... I'm stumped. Help! What do you do in a situation like this? I'm categorically confuzzled.


No comments:

Post a Comment