Sunday 5 October 2014

Halloween is coming

And the geese are getting fat. Very, very fat. So don't feed them anymore Halloween candy please.

My dash on Tumblr pretty much exploded with skeletons and ghosts and pumpkins on October 1st. If you don't like people shoving Halloween down your throat, then stay away from Tumblr near Halloween. Obviously you know how much I love Halloween, I've mentioned it before (*cough* understatement of the century *cough*).
I could babble on about decorations and nostalgia blah de blah, but I get easily carried away so let's not go there. I could also tell you about my costume, but I'm not going to this year. I'm gonna keep it a surprise. I mean I've already told a few people... Ok, I told Facebook, but I'm not gonna put it up on my blog as I want to do a post in character on Halloween night with pictures and the works. I think doing a post in character will be pretty cool, I've never done anything like it before. I couldn't do it last year because I really didn't know that much about Harley Quinn, but I know a lot about my character this year. Let's just say they're in a TV show that I've recently started watching and they're very y shirts in the men's section as far as I've seen, but I know there are red shirts in the women's section. I spent a lot of time in Primark yesterday, don't ask why. If I told you, then I'd have to kill you and that would lead to a lot of unnecessary metaphorical and literal blood on my hands and what would people think of me then?
Getting down to the serious stuff now, let's talk safety and common sense. I've got a few pointers when it comes to safety around Halloween time;
1) Don't go trying to summon any undesirable demons or dangerous entities, it's too much of a risk to take just for something interesting to do on Halloween night with your friends, and I really mean that. Don't mess with ouija boards, don't mess with spirits, don't mess with the unknown even if you think it's a load of rubbish.
2) Don't go into the woods alone.
3) Don't go into any spooky houses alone, have you learned nothing from those idiotic protagonists in horror films and stories?!
4) Be careful when out trick-or-treating. Surround yourself with a group of good friends, cross the roads safely together, and bring a flashlight so you don't trip on that beautiful floaty costume or your friend's cat tail. Also bring a jacket, it gets pretty nippy on Halloween night.
5) Don't enter a a strangers house, even if they promise you lots of sweets and they seem friendly.
6) Don't put up any decorations that are a little too realistic. I've seen a few cases of fake bodies being hung from trees and wooden posts and people mistaking them for real bodies, and I'm very sad to say bodies have been mistaken for decorations. Please just think twice about what you're hanging from your trees.
7) Don't eat too many sweets in one go. You need to save some for your midnight feast...
8) Take lots of pictures. I always regret not taking enough pictures of all the costumes.
9) If you watch a horror film, don't do it alone. Also, don't watch a bad one. If you're gonna do it do it properly and watch a really good horror film.
10) PARTY HARD AND HAVE FUN!

I want to hear some of your costume ideas, and what your favourite part of Halloween is. Stay tuned for my character post...

No comments:

Post a Comment