Friday 31 October 2014

Actual famous people

On Saturday 25th I was at a Film and Comicom. It was pretty awesome. I went down early, at 8.15am, the doors opened at 9. I cosplayed Hannibal Lecter, and of course no one knew who I was... But there were some really amazing cosplays there; I will definitely have to up my cosplay game for the next comicon. The last comicon I was at wasn't really as good. I didn't recognise any of the guests who were there signing autographs, bar one person who was in two episodes of Doctor Who. I only stayed for two hours last time. This time I spent about 9 hours there... It was a bigger venue (I think) and they actually had panels and talks and a cosplay parade. The cosplay parade was pretty cool. People who signed up walked across the stage and displayed their cosplay and any special moves they had. The two judges then awarded first to third places. I'm not sure if there were any prizes though. They had two women come on stage after who were like a tribute act to the Frozen sisters or something, but they came dressed as Elsa and Anna and sang two songs from the film, and I must say I thought they were pretty good.
And there were actually some recognisable guests! Oh yes! Billy Boyd, Billie Piper, Paul McGann, Anjli Mohindra, to name a few. You had to pay for autographs, but we were able to get photos with a few people. I got some photos with people in really awesome cosplays.
And if course I spent all my money before 11am so my lunch was a chocolate biscuit and a bottle of water... You don't ever enter comicon and expect to leave with much money left.








No comments:

Post a Comment