Wednesday 21 August 2013

The Wedding

The wedding was amazing, just amazing. The morning was frantic, make-up everywhere. Pauline's (the bride) dress looked amazing though. A white silk slip-like dress underneath a dress made of organza with hand painted orange flowers on it. The shoes were irregular choice shoes, amazing. We got our hair's done in groups of two and the hairdresser was so nice and  chatty. Then the make-up was done.

The transport for the bride and bridesmaids were black taxis. The church ceremony was beautiful and smooth and had everyone in tears, I'll admit I almost cried. I had a tissue on my music stand just in case. I was so nervous before it started that i couldn't stop talking, Catherine thought I was going crazy. The singing and flute playing went smoothly, I was glad. Then after the church service we took photos on the steps and all the guests went on the bus tour which took them to the Titanic Quarter and then to the restaurant. The bridesmaids got their photos taken by their taxi and me and Catherine got some photos too. We got to go in the bridesmaids' taxi to the restaurant and when we arrived everyone kept saying "well done" and "you both look beautiful" etc etc. So I felt like a broken record saying thank you so many times.

The speeches were brilliant. Papa (father of the bride) said a few words, refusing to use the microphone. Then Andrew (the groom) said a list of thank yous and welcomes and me and Catherine got a thank you and I felt so proud! Then was the best man speech. It was brilliant, hilarious. He mentioned several embarrassing childhood memories he and Andrew share and he talked briefly about the difference between marriage and relationships. It was brilliant.

Then came the dinner. Also amazing! I got a haddock fish cake with tartar sauce for my starter, it was fantastic. Then steak and chips for main course, amazing. And then a chocolate and raspberry tart with ice cream for dessert, and now I feel hungry thinking about that all... The Deanes at Queens staff were so helpful. I chugged about 5 glasses of water before I even got my starter (I had a sore head) and there was always someone there to step in and refill my glass. But the best part of the night was the dancing. The first dance was brilliant, they dance to a really funky drum and bass tune. Then I managed to persuade Sophie and Catherine to join me on the dance floor and we didn't stop dancing for hours. Then we took a break and when we went to get back on the dance floor there was no one there but again I persuaded to girls to join me and we danced for hours! The buffet was then laid out and we got pizza and cake. The cake was made by my auntie Gabriel and it was amazing. I helped with a bit of decorating and I was proud to see it finished at last. It had a little lego bride and groom on top.

I had a lot of fun that night and it was just amazing! I enjoyed seeing family members I hadn't seen in ages.

A bit early for this, but hopefully we'll see you all at the baby's christening! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment