Friday 3 April 2015

I wrote a thing

So it's not the story I've been planning to write, but I wrote a short based on a writing prompt I saw on Max Kirin's tumblr. I thought it would be good practice to write something shorter before I try writing a much longer story (or even a book, ahhh!). I wrote it over three days and it turned out a lot better than I thought it would, though I'm not sure about the ending I gave it. I think I was just in a rush to get it finished. I listened to a lot of saloon music and wild western mixes to get my head in the scene. I got to do a lot of research into the old west, like clothing and the lingo. You have no idea how many times I googled 'when was *insert object here* invented' while I was writing this story...
Anyway, you can read it here if you'd like;
Afterclaps in the Afterlife
Note: Afterclaps is Old western slang for "unexpected happenings after an event is supposed to be over."
Also I found this awesome website with an A-Z of old western cowboy slang. You can find it here. It's pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment